The Secure Temp ASHT+ is one of the most extensively used factory-built venting systems in North America. It has been specially developed for use with oil- and gas-burning heating appliances and certified wood-burning fireplaces. The Secure Temp ASHT+ high-temperature chimney is certified by Intertek Testing (Warnock Hersey) to ULC-S604 standards and ULC-S610 (on wood-burning fireplaces) for all diameters of 5, 6, 7, 8 and 10 inches.
The Secure Temp ASHT+ high-temperature chimney is certified by Intertek Testing (Warnock Hersey) to:
- ULC-S604 standards for all diameters of 5, 6, 7, 8, and 10 inches.
- ULC-S610 (on wood-burning fireplaces) for all diameters of 5, 6, 7, 8 and 10 inches.
- ULC-S629 for wood stove applications in diameters of 6, 7, and 8 inches.
Assembly always requires the male coupler to be positioned upwards. Size the chimney in accordance with the appliance instruction manual. Map out the chimney path closest to the heating unit.
For wood stove applications, a third pipe (premium shield) is required for inside installation where the chimney is enclosed between two floors (see premium shield accessories section). Prior to installation, consult the detailed installation manual included with the support components.
Security Chimneys’s Secure Temp ASHT+ chimneys can be installed as close as 2 inches to combustible materials, regardless of the diameter to be used. Radiation shields and appropriate supports must be used to maintain a safe clearance as the chimney passes through floors and combustible partitions.
Some radiation shields in the Secure Temp ASHT+ line have been designed specifically for use with wood-burning fireplaces. For the use of Secure Temp ASHT+ with manufactured wood fireplaces, refer to the instruction of these products.
- Twist-lock assembly for fast, easy and secure installation —no screws or other attachments required
- Double-lapped flue seam provides radial expansion with the highest level of durability
- Smooth finish for safe handling during installation
- Secura Plus insulation, pressure-packed to increase flue temperatures for faster start-up, better draft and improved performance
- Available in 5″ to 10″ inside diameters
- 2″ safety clearance from combustible materials with all diameters
- Available in 8″, 12″, 18″, 24″, 36″ and 48″ lengths
- All installation accessories made from aluminum-zinc coated steel to prevent rusting
- Tested and listed to ULC-S604 and ULC-S610
- Limited lifetime warranty